Here, is where life blooms all year around.
"la maiena meran resort" at marlengo over the rooftops of merano
Merano is a cult city. And we have seats in the first row.
Here, is where life blooms all year around. This comes with the exclusive position of the la maiena meran resort, because: over the rooftops of merano you get to know all the bright colours of the blissful “dolce vita”.
We simply promise some alpine & mediterranean vacations, that’ll enthuse you. With the help of our team, providing an excellent service with familial cordiality. And pleasures for body and soul. All in a luxurious atmosphere. With deluxe wellness attractions. South tyrolean charm and a grand free-time program for active people.
Shine with us! The Waldner family
Living - exclusive interior design.
The new luxurious suites and penthouse suites “meran lodge” connect a classy ambiance with the effortlessness of the italian lifestyle. The design, leant on the apple blossom, confers a characteristic shape on the in- and outside of the resort. Let your eyes wander across our holiday region, while indulging in the lightness of the 33°c warm alpine water in the new panoramic infinity outdoor pool. All this, also in the wide panoramic indoor pool with direct access to the mediterranean wellness garden.
Pure indulgence. A culinary feast every day of the week.
We have a passion for detail and enjoy mesmerising our guests with the very best fine dining. Our award-winning kitchen team led by creative head chef Andreas Schwienbacher awaits you with a different alpine and mediterranean meal every day – a special treat to exhilarate your heart and soul. it goes without saying that our high-quality dishes are made using only fresh, seasonal and locally sourced produce.
Wine & other top-notch tipples
Red wine tower
The restaurant’s red wine tower, which is heated to the optimum temperature and accessible via a ladder, is one of our wine highlights. It houses the best south tyrolean, italian and international wines. Guests can enjoy the beverage of their choice in elegant yet cosy parlours and restaurants.
In vino veritas
The vinotheque and wine cellar are veritable treasure troves for wine enthusiasts. We recommend you also attend our weekly wine, olive oil and balsamic vinegar tastings.
Wellness at its finest. 5 pools and endless space to relax
We have created a space for pure relaxation at our wellness hotel near Merano/Meran with our 2,500 m² “La Maiena” spa. The indoor pool with whirlpool and heated outdoor adventure pool with children’s pool, water features and whirlpool at our wellness hotel near Merano/Meran are simply perfect for the water babies among you. In the summer the sunbathing lawns invite you to relax and top up your tans. The rose garden with chill-out area behind our wellness hotel near Merano/Meran is a secret tip for anyone seeking peace and quiet.
Sweating de luxe at La Maiena Meran Resort
At our hotel with sauna in South Tyrol, at La Maiena Meran Resort, you are in for the ultimate holiday treat. Beside the exquisite culinary delicacies, the fine wines and luxurious rooms and suites, our hotel with sauna in South Tyrol impresses with one more highlight: the Sensa Spa.
In the sauna area of La Maiena Meran Resort you will enjoy some downtime, topped off with sauna experiences to die for, such as the eucalyptus and honey scrub offered in the aroma steam bath, the glacier and 4 elements “Aufguss” (onpouring) offered in the event sauna and much more.
Sensa Spa Beauty, Hair & Relax
Wellness in South Tyrol also means being pampered by the qualified staff at our hotel the La Maiena Meran Resort. We take care of you even more effectively on your holiday in Merano/Meran with select products from Maria Galland, !QMS, Thalgo, Eva Garden and Vitalis Dr. Joseph.
Intensive eye treatments and facials smooth and calm the sensitive skin in different parts of the face. Intensive scrubs and beneficial masks make your complexion fresh and radiant – that’s wellness in South Tyrol for even more of a glow!
Fitness. Aktiver Genuss mit Panoramablick.
Our hotel in South Tyrol also has a fitness studio and programme, which will help you stay in shape even, and especially, during your holidays at La Maiena Meran Resort. The gym offers the most modern treadmills, cross-trainers, free weights as well as various endurance- and muscle-building equipment. At our hotel in South Tyrol with fitness studio, we offer a daily fitness programme. Outside the course times, the fitness studio is also available for you; Here you enjoy the most spectacular panoramic views! The fitness programme includes stretching, yoga, spinal exercises, belly-leg-butt exercises, aqua gym and much more.
Play on the La Maiena Meran Resort outdoor courts free of charge from march to november.
Our resort’s two clay courts are perfectly maintained – a dream for any tennis lover. the view of the wonderful spa town of merano adds the perfect touch to this sporting experience.
Improve your technique and pick up some helpful tips in individual and group training sessions with our tennis coach Maurizio. These sessions also help to boost your physical and mental health.
On two wheels.
A fun adventure with panoramic vistas.
South tyrol boasts a number of different idyllic cycling tours. Do you want to discover the etschtal cycle path from our hotel in marlengo? If you are a slightly braver cyclist, how do you fancy climbing the hirzer or vigiljoch mountain and enjoying the spectacular downhill ride? The decision is yours.
An exciting tour is available almost all year round. We are happy to offer advice and we have enough space if you want to bring your own bikes. We can also provide you with our own helmets and mountain or city bikes free of charge. (E-bike hire incurs a fee.)
A golfer's paradise. Golf at its finest
South tyrol’s most beautiful golf courses are right on our doorstep – perfect for golfing enthusiasts and fans of south tyrol. Lana golf club, part of the Brandis Estate, is just a few minutes’ drive away.
You can also visit a different golf course every day and enjoy spectacular views of the mountains, the sprawling orchards or the wonderful hillside vineyards. Exciting matches and plenty of fun in good company with an idyllic setting are guaranteed on South Tyrol’s golf courses.
We are a founding Hotel of Lana Gutshof Brandis Golf Club and Dolomiti Golf Club in Sarnonico.
Maia's Kids Club. Holidays for children of all ages.
A family hotel near Merano/Meran, that’s our La Maiena Meran Resort, our hotel in Marlengo/Marling! children can let off steam in the Maia's Kids Club or on the playground at our family hotel near Merano/Meran. Children’s bikes, high chairs and cots are also provided at our family hotel near Merano/Meran.
Our child entertainer ensures that the kids are in a great mood and for the teenagers there’s our “Chill Lounge” – so you see, there’s nothing standing in the way of a holiday with the whole family at our family hotel near Merano/Meran!
Flatscherhof. Our very own alpine cabin.
„My home is my castle“
... this is precisely how we feel about our lovingly furnished Flatscherhof Cabin. We can’t wait for you to experience the special ambiance at an altitude of 1,200 m!
Hiking with a difference
Once a week we guide you through idyllic, pristine mountain forests with glorious panoramic views spanning across the valley to the Flatscherhof – a 1.5-hour hike not to be missed. South tyrolean specialities and your choice of a cool beer or refreshing glass of red wine await you at the Flatscherhof.
Rooms & Suites
Our included services
- daily healthy Mediterranean breakfast buffet from 7.30 until 11.00 a.m. with everything your heart desires: specialities from the region, exquisite cheeses, great selection of fresh bread, tea bar, freshly prepared egg specialities and much more
- daily sweets and cakes from 3.00 until 5.00 p.m. with homemade delicacies from our own patisserie
- 6-course-menu for dinner
- on demand special menus for our guests with food intolerances
- in the evening wine recommendations from our sommelier
- in the evening fresh and crisp salads and vegetables from the buffet
- different themed dinners and gala dinners (on Sundays) with musical entertainment
- delicious cheese selection in the evening
- daily your finely prepared table, reserved for you
- personal and accommodating service provided by our service staff
- once weekly sound of La Maiena “music & cocktails”
- first filling of the minibar in your room
- daily fresh spring water in our La Maiena bottle
- cosy, stylish hotel bar with entertainment
- traditional, cosy, very elegant “Stuben” to enjoy our culinary offer
- high-class & stylish, the restaurant with wine tower and panoramic winter garden
- Andy’s herb garden – to smell, pluck, taste and feel
- cosy bathrobes for ladies, men and children
- trendy wellness bag with fluffy towels
- herbal teas, fruit juices, fresh fruits & dried fruits for free in the spa area
- 8 massage and cosmetics rooms for your favourite treatments
Swimming & bathing – 5 pools
- panoramic infinity outdoor pool (26 m, 32°c)
- generous panoramic indoor pool (15 m, 30°c)
- outdoor pool at the La Maiena Residence with trick fountains, whirlpool (22 m, 23°c) and slide (active during the summer months)
- Sensa Spa with South Tyrol’s largest nude pool (at refreshing 16°c) and relaxing whirl-lounge pool (33°c)
- Balloon Lounge – unique bathing fun for parents and infants with shallow warm-water baby pool (33°c) and cuddle lawn
- showers in the various areas of the resort
Relaxing & lingering
- numerous themed relax lounges all over the resort and hotel garden, offering a heavenly ambience and excellent resting opportunities on various beds and sun loungers
- generous panoramic outdoor relax lounge above the rooftops of Merano
- sunbathing lawn with unique panoramic view
- cosy corner for two: the outdoor relax areas for couples
- relax garden with floating lounge chairs
Sweating & steaming – 6 saunas
- large event sauna for the ultimate sauna experience (90°c)
- classy finnish sauna (90°c)
- fine bio herbal sauna (60°c)
- aroma herbal steambath (40°c)
- Physiotherm® infrared sauna with inhalation salt grotto
- mild sweat sauna (45°c)
- crushed ice for refreshment
- guided hikes to the most beautiful places in the region according to the season and the weather forecast
- from May to October every week our beloved hiking tour with the Waldner family to the hotel’s mountain hut “Flatscher”
- hiking maps of the region with detailed descriptions for individual tours
- information about open alpine huts, operating cable cars, bus- and train connections
- hiking equipment with backpack (to find in every room), hiking sticks and hiking maps for free rental
- paths to run, walk or bike starting directly from the hotel
- 2 sand tennis courts of our own for free use
- 20 % discount on the green fee of all golf ranges in South Tyrol
- panoramic fitness room with modern equipment
- exercise and yoga room
- mountain bikes and city bikes rental (partially for a fee)
- e-bike rental (for a fee)
- once a week a guided bike tour with our bike guide
- free hire of helmets, drinking bottles and bike locks (according to availability)
- guaranteed bike safety thanks to regular professional maintenance
- detailed information for bikers and hire of tour maps
- information about huts, cable cars and bike transport in the region
- bike garage
- laundry service for your bike clothes (for a fee)
- lovingly and age-based childcare for children above 3 years at the Maia’s Kids Club
- children’s playground with sandpit, slide and swings at the La Maiena Residence
- water slide at the outdoor pool (during summer)
- Balloon Lounge – unique bathing fun for parents and infants with shallow warm-water baby pool (33°c) and cuddle lawn
- free rental of buggies and carrycots
- a lot of activities right around the corner: alpin bob Merano 2000, adventure parc with high rope parcour, rafting & canyoning
- bicylces, child seats for bicycles and helmets for children to rent for free
- babybed, babyphone, changing mat, nappy bin, high-chair, potty-chair, baby bathtub, drawing sets & coloured pencils
- baby-sitting service on demand (for a fee)
Service = our passion
- fast check-in with parking service
- “welcome home drink - S’pom apple cidre“ upon arrival
- free internet access via Wi-Fi
- one parking space per room reserved for you in the underground car park or in the car port
- “turn around”: sweet good-night service in the evening
- pool service throughout the warm seasons
- room service (for a fee)
The spa hotel is located here
Your holiday home in south tyrol
This hotel in marlengo/marling is perfect for nature friends and connoisseurs. Marlengo/marling is situated above the val venosta/etschtal valley at about 360 metres, offering the ideal starting point for your hiking holidays in the alps. Marlengo/marling is known for its particularly mild climate and an abundance of orchards and vineyards. The spa town merano/meran is located at only three kilometres from the hotel.