Premium SkyWellness & Panorama Specialist at 1500 metres
With one of the highest spa landscapes in the Alps
The luxurious Tratterhof Mountain Sky Hotel at 1,500 metres above the South Tyrolean Eisacktal and Pustertal valleys trumps with its location on the sunny plateau of Meransen overlooking the Dolomites. The view of the majestic peaks of the so-called "Pale Mountains" causes daily amazement among its guests.
The spacious suites of the terrace hotel are harmoniously integrated into the natural terrain of the Pfunderer mountains, which can be explored directly from the hotel via the rustic Altfasstal valley, car-free.
The individual terrace design of the Tratterhof offers every guest plenty of space and the magical feeling of freedom in the mountain sky. At the same time, the luxury suites guarantee maximum privacy without sacrificing endless views.
The light-flooded wellness world of the Monte Silva Mountain Spa is one of the highest wellness landscapes in the Alps and has several outdoor pools, an indoor pool and eight different saunas including a show sauna. In the hotel's beauty farm, most of the wellness treatments take place using the hotel's own Monte Silva Cura natural cosmetics line. A clear separation between Adults-Only Wellness and Family Spa allows for the best possible relaxation in the midst of the hotel's alpine and sun-drenched nature.
The sumptuous breakfast buffet, the multi-course evening menu, the utmost cleanliness in all areas and the family atmosphere play an important role in the top ratings online, as does the absolute premium location. The Gruber-Hinteregger host family has been watching over the entire service offer with dedication and passion for generations.
Family business 100%
About fulfilled dreams and visions for the future
The Gruber-Hinteregger family and their team are omnipresent and personally take care of the fulfilment of individual guest wishes. You will feel at home immediately.
Alpine elegance meets nature
Harmoniously embedded in the landscape
The "Pfunderer Berge/Montagne di Fundres" mountains with their quartzite are integrated into our architectural structures just as much as the spruce and Swiss stone pine wood of our forests.
The new Infintiy Skypool
Sporty & adults only
Right under the stars at eye level with the most beautiful peaks of the South Tyrolean Dolomites: The new 20 x 7.5 m sports pool in the Adults Only area offers refreshment in the Maranza summer sun and cosy warmth in the snow-white mountain winter.
13 new suites
Alpine style elegance
The additional room categories Larix and Alba Abies remain true to the Tratterhof principle: over 90% of the suites face south towards the basin of Bressanone and the Dolomites of Valle Isarco and Val Pusteria. With a dreamlike terrace.
Pure mountain feeling
View of the most beautiful peaks of the Dolomites.
We are at eye level with Sasso Putia, Plose, Cime Odle, Sasso Lungo and Sasso Piatto and the Sciliar. The Tratterhof is situated at 1.500 m above sea level and you will feel on your own with the magic of the white mountains.
Monte Silva Mountain Spa
Sky Wellness at its best
The Monte Silva Spa wellness area, which covers 4,000 m2, consists of Adults Only areas and separate family Dress-On-Sauna. It enables true Sky Wellness at 1,500 metres at any time of the year. One of the highest wellness paradises in the Alps.
Skilfully wagged is double sweaty
At least 2 x per day there are show sauna infusions in the Sauna World. So you are guaranteed to last a little longer and sweat a little more.
Beauty farm with a smile
Our team awaits you
With face and body treatments of the finest kind, our beautyfarm team takes care of the physical and mental well-being of our guests. Because relaxation works best under expert guidance.
Monte Silva Cura
The nature around the Tratterhof becomes cosmetics
The in-house natural cosmetics line Monte Silva Cura offers products for the most diverse skin types and brings the expected feeling of well-being.
Monte Silva Fitness
For muscle building and calorie killer
The state-of-the-art fitness studio with panoramic views will impress beginners and professionals of indoor fitness with over 25 new machines from Technogym. The description of the equipment can also be found online.
Romantic holidays & eternal memories
Uniquely romantic. The perfect holiday for lovers of all ages.
The dream suites, the outdoor pools, the almost kitschy sunset over the Dolomites, the fairytale forest behind the hotel, the local mountain Gitschberg, the rustic Valle di Altafossa... Love up here is simply even more beautiful.
Hiking guides who inspire
The competence of the hiking experts “Wanderhotels” and local guides
Our experienced hiking guides will take you to the most beautiful spots of the holiday region Gitschberg Jochtal/Rio Pusteria at least 5 days a week and provide you with the “Oh My God” experience in the airy heights or while doing a so called “forest bath” in the fragrant woods right behind the hotel.
South Tyrol and Italy in the cuisine
Kitchen team colourful mixed
Our kitchen team conjures up the typical dumplings “Knödel” and “Schlutzkrapfen” and is just as happy to spoil the most demanding palates of international cuisine with Mediterranean refinement. For starters, main courses and desserts.
Wine sommeliers who seduce
The palate wants its share
Wine sommeliers will initiate you into the fine art of enjoyment. South Tyrol and Italy play the leading role in this.
Cheese Advisor & Tastings
Milk and its forms of refinement
Once a week our Cheese Advisor presents guests a selection of the finest South Tyrolean and Italian soft, semi-hard and hard cheeses.
X-Large Buffet in the morning
Continental & English mixed
The day begins as it should...with an extensive breakfast buffet, which gives you the necessary energy for winter sports and experiencing nature.
5-course menu of choice in the evening
Desire for more and getting more
Fish or meat, vegetarian or vegan...within the framework of various theme evenings with a wide variety of ingredients, we arouse the curiosity of our guests every day and the desire for fine replenishment. All this in the ambience of traditional Tyrolean parlours or the modern panorama restaurant.
Deluxe alpine hut and mountain pasture region
Nowhere else so many alpine huts
Hiking is beautiful, after a hike it is even more beautiful to stop for a break. The ski and mountain pasture region Gitschberg Jochtal/Rio Pusteria is known for its many managed huts, in winter and summer: Malga Fane Alm, Altfasstal/Valle di Altafossa, Rodenecker und Lüsner Alm/Malga di Rodengo e Luson, Pfunderer Tal/Val di Fundres ... destinations with delicious views and traditional food.
The sky above the Sky Hotel
Maranza means sun
At the Tratterhof you are closest to the sun. In the most quiet location with the best panoramic view you will stay with over 300 sunny days a year high up at 1.500 metres, directly above the village centre of Meransen/Maranza and directly at the entrance of the rustic and car-free hiking area Altfasstal/Valle di Altafossa.
Panorama with daily proof
For webcams don't lie
Our webcam installed directly on the hotel roof shows daily how unique the Dolomite panorama is from here. See for yourself.
Concentrated and tested competence
With the seal of the best
As a member of the Belvita Leading Wellness Hotels South Tyrol as well as the Vitalpina Hotels, we guarantee quality in the active, wellness and nutritional area.
Skyland - Fun for children
A world to dream about & Kids only
With the Tratterhof-Hero Monte Silver and numerous games for kids and teens, the large Skyland children's world is the meeting place for our younger guests: indoor football, climbing wall, bowling alley...
With moving pictures and music all around you
The in-house cinema fascinates every day with great screenings all about action and cartoon legends.
Monte Silver & Silvy
Superheroes only in the Tratterhof
Our superheroes are placed directly at the entrance to Skyland and welcome Kids & Teens with their adventures in our holiday region. No task is too big for them and they don't know fear at all. They also have a lot to tell about our adventure area.
Rooms & suites
Included services of the Tratterhof Mountain Sky® Hotel
We are Belvita Premium Spa Hotel
At the Tratterhof you can choose between bed and breakfast and MOUNTAIN SKY ® HALF BOARD. Both types of board include a wealth of inclusive services.
MOUNTAIN SKY ® HALF BOARD
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Rich X-Large breakfast buffet with South Tyrolean quality products, breakfast chef for your egg dishes, fresh fruit, special vitality and yoghurt drinks, grain mill for your individual breakfast muesli, various teas, cheese and sausage specialities and over 100 tasty delicacies
- Varied 5-course choice menu in the evening
- Regional products used in the kitchen
- Gluten- and lactose-free food on request
- Weekly theme and speciality evenings
- Evening menus also specially for children
- Breakfast and dinner are served in the cosy parlours (“stuben”) of the panorama restaurant
With price surcharge:
- At lunchtime, delicious dishes from the bistro menu as well as homemade cakes and South Tyrolean apple strudel in the afternoon
- Wine tasting with sommelier
- Cheese tasting with Cheese Advisor
HEAVENLY SLEEP IN THE MOUNTAIN SKY ® HOTEL
- Spacious suites and rooms made of fragrant wood
- Individual terrace construction in the west wing and classic balcony construction in the east wing
- Free parking in underground car park
SAUNA & WATER WORLD MONTE SILVA MOUNTAIN SPA
- Free admission to one of the highest wellness areas in the Alps with 4,000 m2 on 4 floors with 3 pools, 8 saunas and 9 relaxation rooms.
- At least 2 daily themed infusions in the show sauna
- Adults Only sauna world with nude area (5 saunas)
- Family & Textile sauna for families with children and friends of saunas with swimwear (3 saunas)
MONTE SILVA BEAUTY FARM
Large number of wellness treatments (see price list) and in-house cosmetics line Monte Silva Cura (see price list)
FITNESS CENTRE MADY BY TECHNOGYM®
Free entrance to our fitness centre made by Technogym with 250 m2 and over 30 modern machines.
SKYOGA & MENTAL WEEKS FOR BEGINNERS AND ADVANCED STUDENTS
- Regular SkYoga & Mental Weeks with experienced yogis, whose daily programme is included in the hotel price.
- Monte Silva Skyroom (250 m2) reserved for the yoga sessions.
MOUNTAIN SKY ® ACTIVITY PROGRAMME
- Several guided hikes per week with trained guides
- Weekly yoga sessions and/or yoga courses on several event weeks per year
- Show infusions in the sauna at least 2x/day
- Hiking regulars’ table
- Paragliding regulars’ table
- Cinema programme for children
- Alpaca hike (extra charge)
NEW FROM 1st January 2023:
ALMENCARD - GUEST CARD WITH ADDED VALUE
Almencard Gitschberg Jochtal all-year ticket for hotel guests. Available free of charge at the Tratterhof for the duration of your stay:
- Free use of South Tyrol’s public mobility (trains and buses) all year round including the cable car from Rio di Pusteria to Maranza, the cable cars Bolzano-Renon, Postal-Verano, Meltina-Vilpiano, the tramway on the Renon, the funicular up the Mendola.
- Free admission to over 90 selected museums and exhibitions in South Tyrol (e.g. Messner Mountain Museums, Ötzi Museum, Ridnaun and Prettau Mining Museum, Folklore Museum...).
- Participation in the weekly programme of the ski & alpine pasture region Gitschberg Jochtal/Rio Pusteria
- In addition, free and unlimited use of the "Nesselbahn" mountain cable car on the mount Gitschberg and the Jochtal mountain cable car in the following periods: Saturday, 13 May 2023 up to and including Friday, 7 July 2023 and Monday, 18 September 2023 up to and including Saturday, 4 November 2023.
BELVITA LEADING WELLNESS HOTEL SOUTH TYROL
The Tratterhof is the only Belvita Leading Wellnesshotel in the Valle Isarco valley, awarded the "Premium Spa" quality seal.
VITALPINA HOTEL SOUTH TYROL
Our membership with Vitalpina Hotels South Tyrol guarantees the highest quality in active, wellness and nutritional areas. Membership of Vitalpina stands for sustainability in the sense of the eco-label. By joining the climate neutrality alliance, a three-year plan provides for compensation measures for the CO2 footprint, with the goal of "zero emissions".
FURTHER MOUNTAIN SKY ® ADVANTAGES
- You won’t find many comparable hotels in the entire Alpine region that can score with such a panorama. At the Tratterhof Mountain Sky Hotel, the mountain world of the Dolomites as well as the South Tyrolean valleys of Valle Isarco and Val Pusteria are your constant companions.
- The geographically central location only 15 minutes by car from the motorway exit Bressanone-Pusteria allows you to get to know South Tyrol in all directions, by private car or public transport.
- The Mountain Sky Hotel Tratterhof is located at 1,500 m on the high plateau of Maranza. From here you can see as far as Bolzano in the south and the border with Austria in the east.
- The Tratterhof of the Gruber-Hinteregger family is infused with a family atmosphere and gives you the feeling of having arrived at home.
- Free W-LAN in the entire hotel
- Free parking space in underground car park
- E-car charging station (contribution towards costs)
- The Tratterhof is a hybrid hotel, with a classic-traditional east wing and an ultra-modern west wing in terraced construction. The more than 300 days of sunshine a year can be enjoyed to the full in both parts. Whether balcony or terrace, over 95% of the rooms and suites face south.
- Daily morning post with many tips for your dream holiday
- Selection of magazines and daily newspapers
- Perfect starting point for hikes and day trips in winter and summer. The Tratterhof is the highest hotel in the holiday region and is located directly at the entrance to the car-free Altfasstal valley, the valley of the 3 Seefeldsee lakes. We are closest to the mountain world of Gitschberg Jochtal/Rio Pusteria.
- The Monte Silva Mountain Spa can be used free of charge from 10.00 am on the day of arrival and until 2.00 pm on the day of departure.
- In winter
Free and continuous hotel ski shuttle
In-house ski depot with ski boot dryer
Preferential prices at the local ski hire shops
Child-friendly ski school with supervision directly in the village
Snowshoe rental for an extra charge
“Guestnet” hiking tips for those who prefer to hike alone
- In summer
Preferential prices in the local bike rental shops.
Hire of telescopic poles, hiking maps and hiking rucksack
“Guestnet” hiking tips for those who prefer to hike alone
The spa hotel is located here
Your holiday home in South Tyrol
Our spa hotel in Maranza/Meransen is situated in one of the sunniest places in South Tyrol: a plateau at the intersection between the Valle Isarco/Eisacktal and the Val Pusteria/Pustertal. From here, you can enjoy a spectacular view over the episcopal town of Bressanone/Brixen and the wonderful Dolomites. The spa hotel Tratterhof in Maranza/Meransen lies near many idyllic hiking paths and the Gitschberg Jochtal ski area, which can be reached in only three minutes with our ski shuttle.