On holiday with the dog: welcome to South Tyrol!
Important tips for a carefree holiday with your dog
Enjoy a holiday with your dog in a most coveted holiday region in Italy, tucked away in practically unspoilt natural backdrops! The Belvita Leading Wellnesshotels Südtirol are luxury spa hotels in Italy’s mountain heaven, South Tyrol. In the summer months, this idyllic region offers plenty of meadows and woodland trails, as well as a wealth of waterways for your dog to explore and gambol in. In winter, the green expanses lie under a thick, glistening blanket of fresh snow that your four-legged friend will just love to frolic on. And the best thing about spending a holiday with your dog in South Tyrol is that you can easily find dog-friendly accommodation! In line with the increasing success of dog-friendly hotels, Italy’s northernmost region offers an array of possibility for those who would loathe leaving their best friend at home.
If you are planning to bring your dog on holiday with you, remember to inform your Belvita hotel! Not all hotels accept dogs; please find out beforehand if your hotel does!
Here are a few useful tips for a carefree holiday with dogs:
- Bring a valid EU pet passport with (available at your vet)!
- The dog should have a tattoo or a microchip to allow for identification.
- At least 21 days and no more than one year must have passed since the last rabies vaccination.
- In Italy, the regulation enforced in 2009 provides that dogs be kept on a lead. Dog owners are also required to keep a muzzle at hand.
- The Italian legislation requires you to clean after your dog in public places.